Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Good day

I had a really good day today.

In PE we had to run the stupid mile which was stupid but I ran with my friend Kelsey, who is a slower runner than me, so it was fine. We talked most of the time and I told her about this awesome dream I had but it was really really really weird so I'm not gonna tell you guys because I don't want you to think I'm mental xoxo.

Health was boring and so was Geometry but in English we watched the Twilight Zone and it was really weird and I fell asleep oops.

In drama we had to make up a character, back story, and a bunch of other stuff to go with it and introduce the character So, I decided to be a 16 year old girl who doesn't want to marry the man her parents set her up with, so she's running away to America on the Titanic.

I was so nervous and I was freaking out AND OF COURSE I WAS CALLED TO GO 4TH. But I did really well and people really liked it. I also kept saying "I am number 4" so you know.

Basically, I had to walk into the classroom like my character would, introduce myself, and talk about my life a little. Here's what I said:


"Hello. My name is Alice Eleanor. Today, I will be boarding the Titanic. It's the grandest ship in the world, you know? I shall be sailing alone. You see, in the year 1899, my father's steel mill made my family rich. So, my father moved my mum and I to London. Everything was grand... for about a year. Sadly, as my father's wealth went up, his love for me went down, and soon, I became more of a possession to him, than a daughter. But you see, I was a possession that could ruin my father's image in an instant. My father knew this. In the hopes that I could stay out of trouble, him and my mother set out to find me a husband. They found one, called William. He purposed to me on Wednesday. And I had never seen him before in my life. Marry a man I hardly knew? I have never heard of such a thing. But what was I to say? My parents were standing there, waiting for an answer. So, I said yes. That night, I ran away. I ran to my dear friend, Virginia's house. She kindly gave me her ticket to Titanic. Second class. Not what I would have chosen, but I wasn't going to complain. And now, here I am! Ready to start my life over in America! Where I can find a man I truly love, and who truly loves me. Oh! Looks like they're boarding. I must be going."

YUP THAT'S IT AND PEOPLE LIKED IT YAYAY!

Lots of love
~Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment